My daughter said, "It tastes like rotten broccoli, it tastes good!".

Friday, March 16, 2012

Another Week of Meals

I'm happy to report that I've made it out of the grocery store again this week on budget (well, not exactly, I overspent by 8 cents yesterday!). I was able to afford some unexpected items in addition to the weekly spend thanks to great sales going on, including an extra 2 bottles of organic unfiltered apple juice, 4 extra jars of all natural spaghetti sauce, 18 cups of all natural yogurt for lunchboxes, a package of lunch meat, 4 extra cups of mozzerella cheese, and a free bottle of club soda thanks to a coupon all for $55 (and 8 cents)! I was even able to squeak out 4 extra freezer meals for future use within the usual grocery spending. Our chicken sitter (caring for our 2 chickens over the winter in the country) brought us a dozen enormous beautiful brown eggs, and I'm making pineaple jam this weekend from a case I'm expecting with my Bountiful Baskets order tommorrow.



So, here's the weekly breakdown of dinner meals, my next post will be my freezing endevour this week, I'm finishing up today so I'll post soon!





  1. Chili Dogs and Broccoli Slaw (left over moose chili from last week, quick sale all beef organic hotdogs, all natural whole wheat buns. juliene cut broccolli stalks saved from last week, finely chopped last of the baby carrot bag, with a light mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper dressing- pictured above)




  2. Linguine with Creamy Mushroom and Ham Sauce (**recipe at the bottom of this post)




  3. Elk Pot Roast, Roasted Potatos, and Veggie (yet to be determined by Bountiful Baskets!)




  4. Black Beans and Rice (I'll post this EASY, CHEAP recipe in my next freezer post, its a new family favorite!)




  5. Sweet and Sour Antelope Meatballs on Rice, Stir Fried Veggies (again, veggies yet to be determined!)




  6. Pulled BBQ Sliders and Fruit Salad (leftover pot roast in homeade bbq sauce with homeade whole wheat rolls)




  7. Antelope Meatloaf, Mashed Potatos, and Roasted Veggies (this meatloaf/meatball recipe will be in the next freezer post, what a timesaver, its already cooked and ready to go!)


I also purchased ingredients for 24 calzones which will also be in the next freezer post for lunchboxes and weekend convenience.







**Linguine With Creamy Mushroom and Ham Sauce- 1 onion chopped, 1 garlic clove minced, 12 oz mushrooms sliced, 1/4 sherry or white wine, 1 tsp dried thyme 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 2tbs flour, 2 cups mild, 1 cup chopped ham or turkey, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 cup fresh parsley, 1 lb organic whole grain linguine. Sautee garlic and onion til soft, add mushrooms, sherry if using, and spices- cook uncovered about 5 min until mushrooms release juices. Sprinke with flour, stirring to combine, gradually whisk in milk, stir and cook until smooth and thickened, stir in ham and parsley if using. Toss with cooked pasta. (taken from the Lactose-Free Family Cookbook by Jan Main)

No comments:

Post a Comment