My daughter said, "It tastes like rotten broccoli, it tastes good!".

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

As Organic As It Gets

This week we decided to spend Sunday afternoon on a picnic in the nearby mountians, we picked 2 gallons of wild chokecherries that I made jam out of- grown with nothing but rain and good clean dirt, thats as organic as it gets! I cooked down the 2 gallons of fruit to 3 quarts of juice, boiled with 2 lbs of raw sugar, and 2 boxes of pectin (it didnt set with 2 boxes, so I'll have to unseal the jars and add another, we've used some as pancake syrupthough, and its DELICIOUS!). Our new house has a crabapple tree thats covered, so hopefully soon I can experiment with that as well, I'm hoping to make it back up to the mountians and pick more chokecherries before the cold weather sets in.

This was a yummy experiment, marscapone cheese, whole grain organic bread, cucumbers, and salt and pepper, John and Heidi loved them, but the boys neither one ate them in their lunchboxes.

William asked me if I could make a cinnamon smoothie, it sounded disgusting, but I gave it a go: heres what I threw in the blender, plain yogurt, milk, ice, bananas, and cinnamon sugar- It was super tasty! He hates bananas, but he never even guessed they were mixed in!

No comments:

Post a Comment