My daughter said, "It tastes like rotten broccoli, it tastes good!".

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Food, New Budget

I'm finding its incredibly easy to spend TONS of money on organic food and products- just ask my credit card company! I'm resolved however to keeping our grocery budget the same since a huge part of my inspirations for the changes we are making is the resourcefullness and self-reliance of the African people we met on our recent vacation. I normally shop with $110 cash each week for our family of 6 not including the cost of diapers & formula/baby food. I added an extra $10 to the month and came up with this new monthly spending break up since I need to pay for certain things online, and can't use cash only anymore.



*PER MONTH TOTAL GROCERY SPENDING $450.00*


*Bountiful Baskets $150 (http://www.bountifulbaskets.com/ produce delivered twice each month, we will order 2 organic baskets and 2 organic bread packs each time- monthly total 4 baskets and 20 loaves of bread- sounds like alot, but the loaves are small and go fast in school lunch sandwiches).



*Internet Grocery Shopping $100 (http://www.vitacost.com/ kitchen staples and some toiletry items).


*Local Groceries $200 ($50 per week- dairy, additional produce, some meats, eggs, etc).




Like I said, resourcefullness is the goal, but I'll keep you all updated as to whether or not I'm sticking to the breakdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment